Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm going to pay him later

My youngest son just commented on his friend's mom. They live next door to us and are super neighbors. The said mom is---well, let's just say that I've been looking for a flaw and haven't found one yet. Model cute/pretty, perfect shape, friendly, etc. etc. So my son says, "B's mom is so skinny." Sigh. And I say archly, "So what's your point??" and give him a smile and make some comment about how maybe someday I will be too, or something like that. And he says, "I don't want you to be that skinny." "You don't? Why?" "You look good the way you are; I like you the way you are." Awwww. I wish I shared his sentiment but it was priceless to me nonetheless.

4 comments:

  1. Awwwwww...see! You are perfect the way you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Sons are so great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetie.

    In other news...I'm having deja vu. I found you, from a comment left on my blog ages ago, when I was looking for a reference. Where have you been? Why have I not followed you? etc. etc. I'm trying to clear my head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I'm thinking the same thing about you!!! I somehow lost your thread and I SOOO enjoyed your blog, and the stories about your adventures, and your son, etc. How is he? I have to go visit and get you back on the radar!!!

    ReplyDelete